May 19, 2017

L2G43 N-만 하다 grammar = as...as, about the size of….~compare the size or degree of something to another

L2G43 N-만 하다 grammar = as...as, about the size of….~compare the size or degree of something to another

Usage:
  • Used to compare the size, number, or degree of something to another
  • 2 forms: N-만 하다 or N-만 한 N
  • Often used in many idiomatic expressions
Tense:
Nouns
  • N-만 하다
Examples:
1. 와! 저 개는 정말 크네요!
  • 네, 정말 개가 송아지만 하네요.
Wow. That dog is really big!
  • Yes, it is as big as a calf.
2. 왜 유리창이 깨졌지?
  • 밖에서 누가 주먹만 한 돌을 던졌어요.
How did the window glass break?
  • Someone threw a rock about the size of a fist into it.
3. 지금 살고 있는 집도 고향에 있는 집 크기만 해요.
The house I am living now is as big as my house back home.
4. 아무리 편한 곳도 집만 한 곳은 없어요. 작기는 해도 우리 집이 제일 편해요.
No matter how comfortable a place is, there is nowhere like home, It could be small, but our home is the coziest.
5.  우와! 이 사과가 수박만 하네요!
Wow! This apple is as big as a waterlemon
6. 왜 방이 이사를 안 가요?
  • 우리 집 아주머니만한 주인이 없건든요. 그래서 안 가요.
Why don’t you move the house?
  • Because there is no house owner as good as our house owner. So we don’t move.
7. 지갑을 찾고 있어요. 신용카드만 한 지갑인데 안 보이네요.
I am searching for my wallet. It is about the size of a credit card, but I can’t see.
8. 월급이 쥐꼬리만 해요. (idom)
My salary is about the size of a rat tail. (= very small)
9. 목소리가 작아서 모기 소리만 해요. (idom)
Your voice is as small as a mosquito’s sound.
10. 강아지 크기만 한 쥐. (idom)
A rat as big as a puppy.
11. 너무 놀라서 가슴이 콩알만 해졌어요.
I was so surprised that my heart shrank to the size of a bean. (= be terrified)
Subscribe to get more :